Voting Rating:

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Layout from my summer stay-cation

My baby sister and her two daughters came down to Florida for a week in August.  Her girls had never been here before nor had they seen the ocean.  This was their first day at the beach.

I used a layout template from the Close to my Heart Magic Program book.  This was entered into a challenge that required the blue & green colors shown so I used this Bo Bunny collection.  The embellies are Glimmer Chips and I applied several things actually!  lol  What worked the best was using chalk, like Cat's Eye and stickles.  They had a tendency to obsorb other products too quickly, even their own.  I used Glimmer Mist and wasn't real excited about the results, unless you pre-coated the pieces with something to make them less obsorbent.  Maybe I should have known that to start with?  I don't know...  I first tried the Tim Holtz new stains, as I was really excited to use but again, it actually mushed the detail of the chip.  I'm going to play around with these pieces some more and re-try the stain.  I think they could work with the chips being primed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER

I will be adding several demonstrations of techniques that I perszonally like to use. Please note that I am not endorsing the products/shops in the making of said techniques, just the technique. I am an indendent consultant for Close to my Heart and represent no other company except my own, KLD-Zines and I do not sell anything through my company except my own handmade items.



Also, no kids, old people or animals were harmed in the making of this website. (okay, so I have a twisted sense of humor)